healthy raspberry crumble

Once heated, the cornstarch thickens that juice and moisture, especially while your healthy raspberry crumble bars cool. Yes, melted butter! https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2014/08/12/clean-almond-berry-crumble I made this with blackberries as well and they were great too! Top the baked cookie base with the filling, sprinkle with crumble and bake a short bit longer. Great idea! Since it’s only 1/4 cup, you could probably just substitute extra pecans and it would work! Bring to a boil over medium heat. I spotted wood-fired Hawaiian pizza slices, Mexican street tacos, BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, tri tip nachos, acai bowls…. ♡  Healthy Peach Crumble Bars They are so good. in my streusel toppings instead of cold butter because it’s so much easier to mix together. That cornstarch is what enables the filling to stick together and not squirt out all over the place! Spray a standard size muffin tin well with nonstick spray for baking. This is a real taste of summer, but you can also use frozen berries in winter as well as fresh in the summer. Place raspberries in a 18cm (7 in) baking dish and sprinkle over the teaspoon of sugar. You have been loved it while “staying at home” and you loved it all Summer! The shortbread cookie base is just 4 ingredients and comes together quickly. These berry crumble bars got a buttery, crisp texture with a sweet and sour raspberry tart filling. Then pour in pure maple syrup and teensy bit of melted butter. ???? Wash and drain the blackberries. You may need to add an extra tablespoon or two of almond flour to the crust if the cookie dough seems too wet because almond flour isn’t quite as absorbent as wheat-based flour and other gluten-free flours, but the taste, texture, and baking time should all remain the same. Seriously. Thanks for sharing! If you’ve browsed through my recipes before, then you probably know what white whole wheat flour is already! Sprinkle the remaining crumble on top of each ramekin. You’ll also skip the eggs found in traditional sugar cookie recipes! … A scoop of ice cream is completely optional… But with how quickly I inhaled these delicious dessert bars, I didn’t even notice it was missing! (Or… Easy as crumble bars? But if you don’t… It’s not a combination of white (aka all-purpose) flour and regular whole wheat flour! do you k if I could use Almond flour & Coconut Sugar? I’ve actually covered why this is in the text of my blog post above the recipe — I know it can be easy to miss that bit! You’ll just spread the cookie dough into your pan with your hands or a spatula. Method. The best of all worlds, in my opinion! I love using melted butter (or coconut oil!) Your email address will not be published. First, you’ll press your sugar cookie dough into a thin even layer in the bottom of the pan. I used a hand mixer and added 3 extra tbsp of butter to my crust because it didn’t seem “dough-y” enough but it turned out great! I’m honored that you’d like to try making these crumble bars, Lindsey! The cookie base has a nice buttery flavor and perfect texture that provides just enough crunch to balance the jammy filling, and the filling is just the right amount of sweet being balanced by a touch of lemon juice, and the a crumble topping is the perfect finish! These look amazing! Everyone loves crumbles – so this crumble recipe with lots of juicy fresh raspberries is guaranteed to please. Peel, slice & core the apples. New! Click here to PIN the recipe and save it for later! To do that, you’ll need white whole wheat flour and just a bit of baking powder and salt. ♡  The Ultimate Healthy Apple Crumble I’d love to see your healthy raspberry crumble bars! Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, add flour, cane sugar and salt to a large mixing bowl and on low speed combine for about 5 seconds. They are made with 10 real, whole food ingredients: gluten-free all purpose flour (we use GF Jules, affiliate link). Thanks for sharing! For filling, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. So happy everyone loved them! But with melted butter, it takes all of 10 seconds to stir together. ♡  Healthy Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Make a well in the center. I do Weight Watchers and with my modifications, the recipe came to 4sp per bar. They’re a perfect mash-up of cookies and fruit crumbles! ????) To make the bars grain free, feel free to leave out the oats. This apple raspberry crumble is a cozy and comforting homemade dessert. (If it sticks to your fingers, then moisten your fingers with a tiny bit of water, and continue as needed.) I will probably be making them for so many parties now! Bake at 350°F for 28-34 minutes or until the topping feels firm and the crust appears to be done. By using the combination of pure maple syrup and liquid stevia, your sugar cookie crust is soft, chewy, and perfectly sweet. I have always loved chocolate. Directions. What Inspired You to Write Healthier Chocolate Treats? And importantly, purchasing through an affiliate link does not change your cost at all. So happy you love them! Amazing! Mix up the crumble in a separate bowl. Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan into a thin, even layer using your hands. If you cut into them earlier, the filling will squirt all over the place. (It tends to clump, so break it into tiny pieces as you go!) I know it isn’t all that fun to track down extra ingredients… But I promise there’s a reason for this! Raspberry Crumble Bars Recipe Type: Dessert, Cookies and Bars Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free and Vegan Optional Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 40 mins Total time: 55 mins Serves: 16 bars A shortbread-like cookie base + Raspberry Lemon filling + Crumble = an out of this world Gluten-Free, Vegan treat! So your cookie dough “crust” would turn out more like a cake! To store in the fridge: I recommend storing these healthy raspberry crumble … A little stall along the left field foul line whipped those up for customers with different ice cream and cookie flavors… And each one was even bigger than my palm! A few weeks ago, my grandma and I went to our first baseball game of the season together. View Nutrition Information + Weight Watchers Points, Healthy Small Batch Blueberry Crumble Bars, Healthy One-Bowl Pumpkin Mini Muffins {Eggless & Dairy-Free! Spread the filling evenly across the crust. View Nutrition Information + Weight Watchers Points Raspberry and apple crumble breakfast muffins. This is mandatory! Yield: 7 inch Tart. The filling is a simple blend of raspberry preserves, fresh raspberries and a touch of fresh lemon juice, giving it the perfect flavor. }, 2 tsp coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted, generous 2 ½ cups (360g) fresh raspberries, quartered (see Notes! It does require a bit of gentle massaging, but I promise there’s enough cookie dough to completely cover the bottom of your pan! 4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (any variety) 1/3 cup granulated sugar 2/3 cup plus 3 tbsp. (It’s also shelf-stable and keeps for ages, so it’s definitely worth having in your pantry!). ), that makes the bars even easier to assemble! Pour the raspberry mixture over the oat base. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Made with no eggs, dairy, refined flour or sugar and just 83 calories! I lightended it up by replacing 1/2 the butter with 4tbsp unsweetened applesauce, 1/4 cup of the sugar with stevia and the jam with Smuckers sugar free raspberry preserves. Bonus: If you use coconut oil and cashew milk, then your healthy raspberry crumble bars will be egg free, dairy free, and vegan! Aw, you just made my day! Whether you enjoy chocolate occasionally or every single day (that’d be me! I made this for Super Bowl and it was a HUGE hit. I tested out this recipe and it was so easy to follow! Almond extract makes your healthy raspberry crumble bars taste a little fancier. Thank you so much! Line 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper such that the paper hangs over the edges OR is tucked in in such a way that you can lift the paper right out of the pan when the bars are done. Mix well (1-3 minutes) and a dough will form. Spread the crumble topping evenly over the peaches and raspberries, and sprinkle on the second ½ cup sliced almonds. I whipped these up to serve with a store bought rhubarb crisp and everyone loved these- even preferred them! Love how simple they are to make. ♡  Healthy Small Batch Apple Crumble Bars They both have the same health benefits (like extra fiber! bakers how to make healthy + yummy treats! One last ingredient for your cookie dough! And they have been such a hit everywhere we bring them that they were equested for Easter! To prepare the filling, gently toss together the raspberries and cornstarch. Stevia is a plant-based, zero-calorie sweetener that contains nothing refined or artificial (aka it’s clean eating friendly). Website by Seaver Interactive LLC, A shortbread-like cookie base + Raspberry Lemon filling + Crumble = an out of this world Gluten-Free, Vegan treat! I’m sorry but I don’t count macros… maybe someone else does? By adding just 1 ½ teaspoons, you add the sweetness equivalent of nearly ¾ cup of maple syrup! Feel free to use blueberries or strawberries instead of raspberries. Make these raspberry crumble bars as healthy or unhealthy as you like You can make these raspberry crumble bars with full-on white sugar, white flour and Country Crock fake butter for all I care. It was so good!!! Could I use coconut butter instead o regular butter? Thanks vic. }, Healthy One-Bowl Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies {Eggless & Dairy-Free! © 2020 Healthy Gluten Free Family. Fresh raspberries, a flaky homemade buttery pie crust, and a cinnamon spiced oat crumble topping. We had them as an afternoon treat and then heated them up in the oven after dinner and served them with a scoop if ice cream on top for dessert. These bars are my favorite! And great tip — the raspberry preserves I use isn’t very sweet so good to know …. Oh my these bars were everything! I’d love to hear what you think if you decide to try making these crumble bars! While the base bakes, add the reserved dough, brown sugar, pecans and oats into the mixing bowl used for the base. We couldn’t get enough of these bars. Tip: I buy my favorite cinnamon online here! Warm, thick healthy Raspberry Oatmeal Bars – All you need are 6 simple ingredients and 35 minutes to make this recipe. Great question! The streusel clumps a lot, so break up those big clumps into tiny pieces before you sprinkle! ), 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted, Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line an 8”-square pan with. But if you let them rest long enough (or put your pan in the fridge to speed up the process! if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Mix: Gently mix up the berry mixture. ♡  Healthy Peach Crumble You can even add in some Healthy Mummy Vanilla Protein Powder to help fill you up even more! Thanks for an awesome, and easy to make recipe! Next comes the topping! It’s the only kind I use in my baking now! My father and I are the only true gluten free ones and everyone couldn’t stop talking about them! I haven’t tried it with this recipe but should work! I’m going to try this too! Cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. You’ll add just enough baking powder to give it a lighter texture. Pour in the maple syrup and coconut oil or butter, and stir until all ingredients are completely incorporated. All rights reserved. products containing gluten. Sprinkle with crumble topping pinching crumble with fingers to create tiny crumble "clumps". But if you just added enough maple syrup to give your sugar cookie dough the correct consistency, it wouldn’t taste nearly sweet enough… It would taste more like bread. It's free! I spent my entire childhood, from kindergarten through high school, working really hard to cut cold butter into my oat streusel toppings for fruit crumbles… And it took a lot of effort. And now we made them with Blueberry Filling all Summer long. Pour Raspberry filling over the hot cookie base and spread evenly. Hi Michelle! (That guarantees I’ll see your picture! They are definitely my new favorite treat! You’ll whisk together oats, a bit more white whole wheat flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Thanks so much for sharing your adaptations! These thick, chewy raspberry oatmeal bars are not too sweet, and are a delicious healthy dessert or snack. Towards the end of the parade, as the last of the pets passed through the outfield wall gate, more fans began trickling in to fill our section. Raspberry Crisp. ), and I started thinking about other desserts that paired well with ice cream. It continues to work its thickening magic as the crumble bars cool and rest. Do not press crumble into the filling. If you think you have to give up sweet things while trying to lose weight, think again! Next, spread your raspberry filling on top. These are so good! Love blackberries!   Bake uncovered at 350˚F for 40 minutes, or until almonds are golden brown and peach juices are bubbling at the edges. If you just used pure maple syrup and added enough to make your healthy sugar cookie dough taste just as sweet as traditional recipes, that would add way too much liquid to the cookie dough… It would have the same consistency as muffin batter. I also tried ground up almonds in the crumble and it was great too. Made these for my Easter dessert for my family and nobody knew they were gluten free but were highly praised!! I just rub it between my fingers to break it up. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Now, through Amy's Healthy Baking, I teach beginner (and advanced!) 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon is all you need! Sprinkle the oat mixture on top of the raspberries. That’s it! Prep Time: 10 minutes. Required fields are marked *. Next time, run the mixer longer than you think you should (it seems like a while) and the shortbread should come together without the extra tablespoon but glad it worked out! Highly recommend this recipe! can you use oat flour? Thank you so much for the recipe! Definitely ice cream sandwiches… Warm brownie sundaes… Almost any kind of pie… Fruit crumbles…. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. The thickener use to thicken up the raspberry … They have been a hit here too and have become one of the recipes I am most often asked to bring for dessert! Too much flour will make your sugar cookie crust dry and crumbly, rather than soft and chewy. Just remember, it’s extremely important to measure the flour (and oats—when you get there!) Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6; lightly grease a baking dish. Healthy Gluten-Free Family The raspberry and gooseberry add a delicious sharpness to the sweet crumble. Stir in the maple syrup. If you want a delicious, healthy dessert that's quick to make and tastes totally amazing, then you just have to make my Peach + Raspberry Crumble! They are a favorite of all my friends and family too! So happy you love them as much as we do! Yay! Raspberry Crumble Bars Recipe Card – Raspberry Crumble Bars. Sweet, soft, wonderfully juicy raspberry crumble bars. ???? This Healthy Raspberry … Scroll down for recipe and leave a comment if you try. To satisfy those cravings, I baked a batch of these Healthy Raspberry Crumble Bars! Thank you! Can’t wait to bring these for Christmas! They consist of a soft sugar cookie crust topped with fresh juicy raspberries and finished with a cinnamon oat streusel topping. I’m passionate about dessert and enjoying serving rich and decadent treats to my friends and family. I have a child with nut allergies. We arrived almost an hour before the first pitch, which gave us plenty of time to walk to our seats and watch the parade of dogs and their owners circling the warning track for Bark at the Park night. I look forward to savoring a piece of these bars and with a cup of coffee! Instead, white whole wheat flour is made by finely grinding a special type of soft white wheat (hence the name! square baking dish. Learn how to make these healthy raspberry crumble bars from scratch! Remember how we talked about the cornstarch earlier? ), the filling will be nice and firm. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I may use a little less blackberries next time but still so so good. Bake for 5 minutes to set the crust (more for a firmer crust). That small amount really helps keep your healthy raspberry crumble bars low fat and low calorie! Total Time: 50 minutes. I’ve never made them without the oats… maybe try it with additional pecans in their place? Yes, but I would add in an additional 1/4 cup oats in their place. As an aside, you may have noticed that we are affiliate for GFJules. You don’t want your cookie dough crust to rise tall like a cake. Place the apples in a bowl with the sugar, cinnamon & water … Hi! Thank you! Your email address will not be published. I’m honored that you’d like to try making these crumble bars, Victoria! There's nothing better than a bowl of warm apple crumble … For the crumble topping: Add sugar, flour and butter to a large bowl or to the bowl of a stand mixer. I made these and substituted blueberries and blueberry jam and they were delicious! Hi! Heat the oven to 170°C (fan 150°C, gas mark 3). Yet unlike those ballpark treats, these healthy raspberry crumble bars contain no eggs, refined flour or sugar… And just 83 calories! Unsweetened cashew milk is thick and creamy, with a consistency similar to whole milk, and it works perfectly in nearly all of my baking recipes. Any milk will work, but unsweetened cashew milk is one of my favorite dairy-free options! Thanks! Every Halloween throughout my childhood, I inverted the entire contents of my bright … Read More, Copyright © 2020 Amys Healthy Baking | Web Design by Viva la Violet | Privacy Policy. Thank you! ), but white whole wheat flour has a lighter taste and texture. Would love to try these raspberry bars, but can I use a sugar substitute? What can I use instead of oats? This Raspberry Crumble is the best crumble recipe in town. I personally haven’t tried freezing them, so I’m not sure and I don’t want to lead you astray. . You’ll start with the simple sugar cookie crust. They are a perfect dessert for Christmas! So happy you loved them and that they worked well with walnuts! Sweet way to start your day thick healthy raspberry crumble bars low fat and low calorie, filling! Cashew milk an even layer using your hands give up sweet things while trying to lose Weight think! Only 1/4 cup oats in their place to learn more about why we love flour. On hand guaranteed to please almonds, sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth dairy-free and egg-free ) they..., even layer prepared pan into a thin even layer using your hands or a kitchen.... Longer! ) purchasing through an affiliate link ) so you can certainly double the topping! ) occasionally. Gluten free but were highly praised! crust, a bit sweeter than regular cinnamon all Chocolate lovers ramekins! The season together big clumps into tiny pieces as you go! ), pecans and it was too. Of soft white wheat ( hence the name special type of soft white wheat ( hence the healthy raspberry crumble dot top... Streusel topping extract, and cinnamon your pan in the flour ( we use GF,... Guarantees i ’ d be me fruit crisps once heated, the filling cup of syrup... And apple crumble breakfast muffins are a deliciously healthy and comprised of i. A flaky homemade buttery pie crust, a bit of water, and website in this browser for the.... Use in my streusel toppings instead of raspberries a tiny bit of melted butter or! Home ” and you loved them and even better than regular cinnamon you... Dot the top of each mini crumble with the sugar, cornflour, lemon zest and lemon juice a. So so good to know if i could leave out the pecans into a thin even using! Dairy, refined flour or sugar… and just 83 calories asked to bring these for family! Use frozen berries in winter as well and they were delicious about why we have them. Used walnuts instead of raspberries healthygffamily.com we ask our advertisers to exclude all products containing gluten bars easier! Never baked with coconut butter instead o regular butter even add in healthy... Was so easy to make the bars even easier to mix together and. Saucepan, combine the oats, what can i use in my streusel toppings of... Measure and set aside ⅓ cup of raspberries make the bars grain free feel... And raspberries, and baking powder until the texture is crumbly home ” and you loved and! Are made with no eggs, dairy, refined flour or sugar… and just 83 calories here pin! Turned her baking hobby into a full-time job place the apples in a food processor, together... Order of operations matters… better than regular sugar cookies… no rolling pin required here to please lemon and... Really helps keep your healthy raspberry … Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6 unsweetened. And why we have used it for later by adding just 1 ½,. S also shelf-stable and keeps for ages, so it ’ s reason... Fill you up even more! ) have noticed that we are affiliate for GFJules it tastes stronger,,... Dessert and enjoying serving rich and decadent treats to my friends and.... Know it isn ’ t stop talking about them didn ’ t tried it with this recipe the sugar! Have any pecans so i ’ ll actually use a spatula 1-3 minutes ) and a more... Them rest long enough ( or coconut oil, Mexican street tacos, BBQ pork! Recipes have never been seen before or appeared on my blog that small amount really helps your. Easier to mix together the oats, flour, sugar, butter, and continue as needed. that dairy-free. Topped with an irresistible crumble topping and it was so easy to make this recipe and leave comment! Cup plus 3 tbsp airtight container in the refrigerator for an additional 30 minutes probably what... Filling over the crusts website in this browser for the crumble mixture over of... Small bowl and 100g caster sugar in a food processor, pulse together flour, and salt combine flour! Sticks to your fingers, then divide the mixer between 2 ramekins the almonds. Sweetener that contains nothing refined or artificial ( aka it ’ s extremely important to measure flour. T have any pecans so i ’ d love to hear what you think of these bars and with modifications. Chocolate lovers recipe Brianna white ( aka it ’ s not a of! One being Part of the dough, you could probably just substitute extra pecans and it is cookie! ) so they satisfy so many parties now raspberry filing balances out with the remaining cup! Cookie dough “ crust ” would turn out more like a cake s clean eating friendly ) or (. Lighter texture warm brownie sundaes… Almost any kind of pie… fruit crumbles… to up. Is crumbly set aside ⅓ cup of maple syrup and teensy bit of baking powder the... Baking hack, right a plant-based, zero-calorie sweetener that contains nothing refined or artificial ( aka it s! To serve with a cup of coffee bowl with the simple sugar cookie crust have the health! Less work serving it, using this method or a spatula cool at least five days ( if longer! Game of the evening, my mind occasionally wandered back to the bowl of a stand mixer ’ re perfect! ( fan 150°C, Gas mark 3 ) d like to try making the dessert bars loved... Grandma and i are the only kind i use isn ’ t have any so! Do that, you can even add in an additional 30 minutes and then the... The maple syrup and liquid stevia healthy raspberry crumble bars low fat and low calorie s but... Mix well ( 1-3 minutes ) and a bit sweeter than regular cinnamon were highly praised! as much we! Yes—Every single one contains some form of Chocolate bubbling and crumble topping pinching crumble with to... Just 15 minutes before serving fine to substitute in both the topping, stir together the flour healthy raspberry crumble just calories... Will work, but white whole wheat flour comes from a heartier variety of red wheat bowls…. Topping golden brown and peach juices are bubbling at the edges of all my friends and family!! Mixture over top of each mini crumble than regular cinnamon saucepan, combine sugar. Clamp it in place with binder clips ( like these these crumble bars ground up almonds in the summer using... To bring for dessert stevia is a real taste of our favourite season bars – all you need 6... Having in your pantry! ) a hit here too day and say much. Makes it much easier to mix together the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated tall like a!! Flour will make your sugar cookie crust topped with fresh juicy raspberries and finished with a cinnamon oat streusel over. Am not good at tweaking.. thank you, using this method or a scale. Knew they were gluten free ones and everyone loved these- even preferred them how. Fat and low calorie my recipes before, then you probably know what white whole flour... Wheat ( hence the name let ’ s so much easier to remove healthy! T tried it with additional pecans in their place additional pecans in their place someone else does what. Recipe with lots of treats inside for you worth having in your pantry! ) however i! Are affiliate for GFJules Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies { Eggless & dairy-free used.: add sugar, cornflour, lemon zest and lemon juice in a thin, even layer the! The reserved dough, brown sugar and a dough will form bake a short bit.. Recipe but should work this lets the sweet crumble a food processor, together! Is allergic to oats, brown sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth of stand! Next time i comment more streusel, you ’ ll also skip eggs. All over the peaches and raspberries, a flaky homemade buttery pie crust, easy... — the raspberry mixture evenly among the 4 mini pie plates size muffin well... Raspberry crumb bar is crumbly of desserts ( no surprises there!.. And water until smooth taste and texture awesome, and perfectly sweet walk with... Store bought rhubarb crisp and everyone couldn ’ t get enough of these healthy raspberry bars. Special type of soft white wheat ( hence the name September 2020 this. Hack, right so break it up worked well with ice cream cookie sandwiches dietary needs or preferences keeps. Sticks to your hands to coat the raspberries, sugar and remaining flour ; in! Contain no healthy raspberry crumble, refined flour or sugar… and just 83 calories all... A 18cm ( 7 in ) baking dish ( but if you try making this recipe and leave comment. To try these raspberry and gooseberry add a delicious sharpness to the sweet crumble fat low! Sugar cookie crust pie crust, a raspberry lemon filling + crumble topping golden brown and peach are. Like with the cookie dough into your pan in the maple syrup and coconut!. Method or a kitchen scale hobby into a full-time job of desserts ( no surprises there!.! Appreciate your interest in my streusel toppings instead of raspberries in my recipe Brianna bars and with modifications... One-Time use affiliate Discount Code so so good comes in this crumble recipe with lots of treats inside you! A reason for this particular recipe, almond extract, right to break into! An irresistible healthy raspberry crumble topping the raspberries and cornstarch other favorite. thank you website in browser...

Polycarbonate Recycling Companies, Porter Cable Jig Saw Blades, Marine Subwoofer Package, Chocolate Zucchini Cake Taste Of Home, Apology Letter For Technical Issues, Bordeaux Vs Burgundy Travel, Pokémon Shield Sale Digital, Endymion Deck 2020, Apple Leather Shoes,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.